Please visit the Syerson Modern Art gallery at www.paulsyerson.com for Giclée prints under $100 in various sizes and our custom frame shop. You can choose from many framing and mat options, as well as have your Giclée printed on a variety of archival surfaces or gallery wrapped canvas.
Born in Detroit in 1959, Paul Kenneth Syerson came from an artistic background. Both his mother and grandfather were artists, and there was also an art teacher in the family. On the Syerson side there were several known artists, including a cartoonist and cover artist for the Saturday Evening Post back in the 1940's. Art has always come naturally to Paul, and he started drawing detailed cartoons at a very early age.
He studied briefly under Kegham Tazian at college (who also taught his mother years earlier) as well as studying photography and music. He is also a musician, with his band The Exiled WolfPack, playing guitar and many other instruments.
- Won First Place at Cybercore Art Show in Pontiac 1992, his first show.
- Was commissioned to do a surreal Dali-ish mural for the PhunkaSoulaBration Art Show at Industry 1993, were he also won first place in the group exhibition.
- Trained and certified as an Art Consultant by the Fine Arts Trade Guild while he worked for Wentworth, a major gallery in the early 1990's.
- Began selling his own wortk professionally in 1992 through local galleries.
- Giclée prints of select works available at www.paulsyerson.com
" In the 1980's and early 90's I worked hard to develop my skills and studied the techniques of many different movements in an effort to improve my work. I knew this would help me reach my eventual goal of making my living as a painter. After working with cubism, surrealism and pop for a while, I rediscovered abstract with a new vigor, and have worked in that direction ever since. When people stop and look at my newer works, many gaze on it for quite a while. That is a reaction I really enjoy."